Online gambling is a fun filled experience that is susceptible to everyone.The craze it got in recent times is undoubtedly a topic of debate and concern.It becomes more necessary, especially in countries like India.In India, most of the participants are participating in online gambling casually and from different regions of the country.The COVID-19 pandemic and the necessary lockdown countrywide also become a positive factor for this industry.The participation of Indians increased in online gaming activities increased.The participants got enough time to spend online entertainment and other such gambling activities in the lockdown.
Future Aspects Of Online Gambling In India:
Considering the rules and regulations, the online gambling industry does not seem to give a promising future in India.The laws which were made in
The gaming Act of 1867 has been operational in the country now.It prohibits any gambling houses and activities.The logic behind these laws is that the government is supposed to promote games of skills and hard work rather than games of luck, i.e., gambling houses and the betting industry. At the same time, there are some states where some relaxations are made in this industry.Gambling based on lands is legalized in states such as Sikkim, Goa, Daman, and Diu.The complexities of these laws changes from state to state.
Gambling Statistics In India:
- The Indian gambling industry accounts for nearly 15% of the world’s total online gambling traffic.
- Currently,its popularity has increased drastically in all age groups.
- The industry is estimated to grow by over 40% by 2024.
- Approx 80% of the local population participates in gambling activities at least once a year.
Some positive factors for this industry
- With coronavirus outbreak,the industry saw a boom in its growth and gained exceptional popularity among all ages.
- The contribution of the country’s game developers is also a significant factor in its growth.
- Another key factor behind its growth is the technological advancement which accelerated its availability via smartphones,tablets, and PCs at affordable prices.
- The availability and affordability of internet data are also a very important factor in its growth.
The past few decades are not supporting this industry and its expansion.The laws prohibit any kind of judi casino betting on any type of game.So there is no surprise in the fact that online gambling is not secure and will never have a well-structured industry.